The 2023 Wheel-A-Thon is Friday, 10/13!
WAT Update 10/10
Lunch orders (supporting the 8th grade class) and snack orders (student council) are due tomorrow, Wednesday, 10/11! If you would like to participate, please turn in $5 for lunch and $5 for the snack to your teacher. To make things easier, please send money separately, especially if you are also sending money for siblings because the funds go to two separate entities.
Please bring your current pledge form back to school and turn these into your teacher by Thursday, 10/12 so laps can be recorded. As a reminder, pledges can be made online. Please share this link with family and friends who may be supporting your students.
The class that raises the most funds will receive a movie and pizza party. Lunch of your choice with Mrs. VanderKlugt will be awarded to 1) student who raises the most funds, 2) student who completes the most laps on the TK/K course, and 3) student who completes the most laps on the 1-8 course.
This Friday, 10/13 will be a park and drop-off (bring bikes to classrooms) in the morning, and in the afternoon a park and pick-up. Now’s the time to make sure bikes are in good working order with tires inflated and seats adjusted. Students may not use scooters, skateboards, skates, or blades. Only bikes and tricycles are allowed in the Wheel-A-Thon. Students will need a helmet and should bring a water bottle. There will be free dress on Friday and basketball shorts are allowed.
***Updated 2023 Cycling Schedule for October 13
8:45-9:15 - Kick-off/VIP lap and Fire Truck
9:15-9:45 - TK (small track)
9:45-10:15 - Kinder (small track)
9:15-10:10 - 1st & 2nd
10:15-10:35 - Recess
10:40-11:40 - 3rd & 4th
11:45-12:45 - 5th & 6th
12:50-1:20 - Lunch
1:30-2:30 - 7th & 8th
Parents, grandparents, and friends are welcome to come on campus and watch the children ride and cheer them along.
Thank you for your support of this event!
WAT Update 10/4
Only 9 Days Left until the 2023 Wheel-A-Thon! Here's what you need to know - and be sure to keep collecting those pledges!
URGENT: We still need volunteers and supplies. Please sign up today!
- Preorders for the $5 lunch and the $5 snack bag are due. Order forms were sent home - please return these along with payment to your teachers.
- 10/11: Last day to enter the VIP Lap drawing! We’ve received a generous donation from Wheel Kids so TWO lucky students will also have the chance to win a NEW BIKE or a GIFT CARD for a day pass. $10 for 1 entry, $20 for 3 entries.
Venmo: @StFrancisOfAssisi-PACE to enter today!
- 10/12: The VIP Lap Winners will be announced by Mrs. VanderKlugt.
- 10/13: The Big Day! Please bring your completed pledge forms to school so laps can be recorded. VIP Lap Winners get to kick-off the Wheel-A-Thon for the entire school! The lap schedule is below.
- 10/27: Payment for pledges and donations are due. Please collect checks or share the online payment link: https://www.sfaconcord.org/
Parents, grandparents, and friends are welcome to drop by and watch the children ride and cheer them along. 10/13 will be a park and drop-off (bring bikes to the classroom) and park and pickup. More information about other logistics will be shared next week!
And... there's prizes! The class that raises the most funds will receive a movie and pizza party. Lunch of your choice with Mrs. VanderKlugt will be awarded to 1) student who raises the most funds, 2) student who completes the most laps on the TK/K course, and 3) student who completes the most laps on the 1-8 course.
WAT Update 9/27
New this year - get your tickets for an exclusive VIP lap! 10 lucky students will have the chance to ride the first lap with a police escort, just like a celebrity.
WAT Update 9/20
Pledge sheets have been sent home and now is a great time to start collecting your donations! We have pre-populated your student's name on the sheet. Additionally, your sponsors may select a flat amount OR dollar amount per lap and they may pay online or submit a check. Note: a minimum donation amount of $50 per student is required. Please remember that all money earned will help to offset the cost of field trips and assemblies for your children. Fundraising prizes will be available and details will be shared soon.
WAT Update 9/13
Only 30 days until our 2023 Wheel-A-Thon!
- Please turn in your WAT Authorization form by 10/2.
- We still need volunteers to help make it a success!
- Remember that the funds we raise go towards our class field trips, assemblies, STEM, and enrichment programs.
Gear up for the Wheel-a-Thon on October 13th. Sign up TODAY to volunteer and help steer us towards success. It’s not just about volunteering; it’s about creating smiles, sharing laughter, and supporting our students! Please SIGN UP today and start checking off those hours.
WAT Update 9/6
We still have plenty of exciting volunteer opportunities available for this year’s Wheel-a-Thon. Please consider signing up to help. Volunteer opportunities include:
- Supplies for the WAT
- Volunteers during the October 13th event – lap counter, spotters, support
- Set-up/clean up duties
Are you in? Roll with us.