We’re gearing up for the Wheel-A-Thon this Friday, October 8th!
Cycling safety: Bike helmets are required for all participants. Please make sure your child’s bike is in good working condition (air in tires, chain oiled, seat adjusted to their current size). As a reminder, students may not use scooters, skateboards, skates, or blades. Only bikes and tricycles are allowed in the Wheel-A-Thon.
Commitment & Authorization Form: If you have not already done so, please forward your child’s form to the school office this week, and no later than this Thursday, 10/7.
Sponsorship Form: Keep collecting those pledges! Sponsorship forms were due last Friday, 10/1/21, to your child’s homeroom teacher. Please turn them in ASAP! Following the Wheel-A-Thon, sponsorship forms with total laps completed will be returned to each participant. All pledge money is due on Friday, 11/5, to qualify for prizes!!
Order your lunch by 10/4/21.
Order your Wheel A Thon Snack Bag! Bring $5 to your teacher by Thursday 10/7.
For $5 Each snack Bag includes:
- Mini Gatorade
- Ice Cream Sandwich
- Fruit roll up
Thank you to all who signed up to help out! Volunteers are asked to arrive at 7:30 am on Friday morning and gather near the computer room. There is a lot to do in the first hour (bike numbers, course layout, tables, pop up tents, and more). Feel free to jump right in and help!
Please be sure to have all three school volunteer requirements completed before the day of the event.
1. Volunteer Form- Contact the office if you need another copy.
3. Fingerprinting- Watch announcements for fingerprinting opportunity on campus, or pick up form in office and complete at PostalAnnex near Trader Joe’s. Volunteers will not be allowed to participate if all three items are not complete before the event.
Cycling Schedule: PLEASE NOTE CHANGES TO TK/Kinder schedule
9:00 – 9:30 TK
9:00 – 10:00 1st and 2nd
10:05- 10:25 Recess
10:30 – 11:30 3rd and 4th
11:45 – 12:45 7th and 8th
12:50 – 1:20 Lunch
1:30 – 2:30 5th and 6th
WHAT PARENTS NEED TO KNOW
- Please park cars in the morning and drop off their child/ren’s bike outside the classroom-in the quad and park in the afternoon to pick up bikes
- Parents and grandparents are invited to watch their child/ren ride during their classes allotted time but must leave after their child is finished riding. Please park in the church lot if you wish to watch the WAT.
- All students must have their own helmet in order to ride
- All parents that come to campus MUST wear a face mask at all times
Thank you for your support of this wonderful event. It’s a fun day for everyone involved! If you have any questions, please email [email protected]