Next week, our school will participate in National Red Ribbon Week and celebrate the theme, “Drug-Free Looks Like Me.”
Monday, October 25 – Red Ribbon Week Kickoff
- Wear your ribbons every day this week.
- Each class will sign the Red Ribbon Pledge
- Door decorations begin with a Red Ribbon Theme.
Tuesday, October 26 – Stay Healthy!
Wednesday, October 27- Free Dress (Red theme)
Show your Red Ribbon spirit and wear red. Uniform guidelines must be followed.
Thursday, October 28 – Take 5!
Take 5 minutes today to do something healthy as a class.
Friday, October 29 – Scare away Drugs!
Wear your Halloween costume (guidelines must be followed) to scare away drugs! The winners of our Red Ribbon Contest will be announced at the Halloween Rally today.
HALLOWEEN COSTUME GUIDELINES:
Costumes may be worn to school on FRIDAY, October 29th! Please follow the guidelines below:
- all costumes MUST follow school free dress
- policy (neckline, straps, length)
- no masks/props (except during judging at the beginning of the day)
- no weapons at any time
- hair dye/make-up must be washed out by the next school day
- Nothing gory allowed
- shoes must follow school policy
Lastly, today Jaden Dwiggins was the “Principal for the Day.” He would like to share the following message: I had a great day today and the staff is really amazing. I went around to the classrooms and got to share some of my fondest memories for each grade. The students were really respectful to me. My favorite part of the day was visiting the classrooms and seeing how happy the students were to see me. Being the Principal for the Day really showed me how hard it is to be a Principal. There is a lot to do in a day!!