PTA a.k.a. SFA PACE
The Parents Association for Catholic Education (“PACE”) is the official parent-teacher organization of Saint Francis of Assisi (“SFA”) School. Parents from all the registered families for the school year comprise the membership of PACE. The organization is spearheaded by the PACE Executive Board, which consists of a president, a vice-president, a secretary, a treasurer, a financial secretary, a volunteer coordinator, the SFA school principal, the SFA school faculty representative, the SFA parish pastor, and the SFA school board president. Except for the SFA school principal, the SFA school faculty representative, the SFA parish pastor and the school board president, the PACE board officers serve a two-year term.
The PACE Board meets on the first Monday of the month at 6:30 p.m. in the SFA school library. PACE dedicates the first part of the meeting to reports from committee chairpersons and class representatives. The second part of the meeting is the executive board meeting where only the executive board officers participate.
PACE is an organization that strives to:
- sponsor fundraising events for the benefit of the school;
- coordinate volunteers who provide services to the school;
- provide an environment in which parents, students, and faculty can socialize and exchange ideas;
- conduct, sponsor, or promote such supplemental programs and activities that have for their objective the improvement of the academic, social, physical, or religious well-being of the students;
- provide gifts and rewards for students and staff.